Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Good day...Bad day...Good day...Bad day...Good Day????

Okay, so I'm finally able to put my thoughts down on here because Jeremy is home and he's holding the baby. Not that he has to be held all the time, but today it has been more than normal. Here's the deal, Monday was rough. I don't remember why exactly...interesting, I was going to share what happened. All I know was that I was going to write on Monday, but decided against it for 2 reasons. 1) Any down time I had was going to be spent sleeping, not updating a blog. And 2) I might have gotten some worried phone calls checking on me with what I was wanting to say.

By the way, I just wanted to show you the dark side of Garrison. I was not torturing him here, just changing his diaper. Okay, it might have been a little cruel to actually stop to take a picture of him having a fit....
















Tuesday was a totally different story. I got a decent nights sleep, and the sun was shining, and it was actually not freezing outside. So we had our first solo outing. It was great. We went to the grocery and then to Old Navy to get me some new jeans (I don't seem to have the same body shape as before, you know. And I'm sick of maternity pants).

So that brings us to today. It started with him fussing at 5:30 this morning, and it hasn't really ended. AAAAAAAAH!!!!!! Right now as we "speak" Jeremy is trying to console him. I think I know why. The meal I had last night had A LOT of garlic in it. It was tasty, but this just isn't worth it!

Also, I have what they call an oversupply of milk. I pretty much am choking the poor boy everytime I feed him. You know when you drink water too fast and it goes down the wrong way and you start coughing and choking. Well that actually happens to him. One of the problem with this is the runny poo (I know, that is too much information), and the runny poo is why it's projectile. This morning I was ready for him. I had the diaper in position, like a catchers mitt to catch that all too well known poo. The little stinker actually put an arch on it this time. The poo actually arched up over the diaper and sprayed on the wall that is about 2 feet away. Pretty impressive actually.

So here's the deep, philosophical bit for today:
People ask me all the time how I like motherhood. I'm a bit too honest sometimes. Don't get me wrong, Garrison is fantastic, and I love him so incredibly much. But when entering into motherhood, there is a lot that is left behind. I know, that is obvious. But whenever there is a change in life, even if it is for the better, you have to mourn what is being left behind. This week I have mourned the loss of my independence. Nothing is simple anymore. I know that I will be a great mom, and I am looking forward to it, but it's not something that is instant. At least not for me.

Moving on....
Here are more pics.

A couple of Harley guys

2 comments:

Emily said...

So glad you can be honest about motherhood so early in the game. And it is a fun game to play. Sometimes you lose and feel like pulling your hair out and other times you win and get to take the kids out for pizza and ice cream. Both are rewarding. Love you!

Unknown said...

Independence? What's that? I think I remember having that when I was, uh, 18...(Just kidding) :) You are sooooo much farther along than I was at this stage. At least you recognize that you are grieving your loss and that's half the battle! AND, Spring is on the way so you can at least get out of the apartment with the little guy - hooray! You ARE a great mom and I love you!